In Stock - ready to Ship
The Baltimore 2 is a solid wood home using 68mm (2-5/8") thick wall logs. Kits are in stock and ready to ship with transit times of about 7 weeks from confirmed order date, The kit is delivered ready to mount on a concrete slab or wood floor over a crawl space or basement or subfloor with helical piles or piers. Ths model has 1245 sq ft with 4 bedrooms, large open living space and 101" high walls with a vaulted ceiling throughout. The pulins are double stacked and spaced 24" on centre of less. This model includes our exclusive NEW PVC oak woodgrain, double glazed LOW-E maintenance free windows. These unique windows come with an exteriror rolling shutter that is controlled from the interior, providing added security, improved insulating qualitites, reduced noise & complete darkess for extended sleeping.
Insulating Kit add 10%: Adding insulation to the interior walls is required to meet most building codes, with a few exceptions. Attach studs to the inside of the logs using metal brackets; insulate, wire and cover the wall using tongue & groove wall cover boards. Kit includes brackets and 3/4" tongue & groove wall cover boards.
OPTION: use studs on the outside, insulate & wire then cover the exterior with locally purchased maintenace free siding of your choice.
The solid wood log has a thermal mass rating of R-12.....add insulation and you can achieve exceptional energy efficiency and meet current building codes.
Insulating the roof: Use local materials. Rafters are installed over the tonge and groove boards. The size of rafters depends on insulating material and the R-value required to meet local codes. Insulate & apply metal roofing or shingles. High density spray foam provides the highest R-value for thickness & makes the roof water proof.
Tip: Mineral wool insulation is recommended. It is impervious to moisture, has a higher R-value per inch than fiberglass, reduces noise levels, is rodent & pest resistant plus it is an enviornmentally friendly insulation.
The Baltimore 2 can be assembeld in 12 days with 3 people & passes structural requirements for building codes
- no floor, ready to assemble on a concrete slab, wood floor over piers or piles, crawl space or basement
- pre-cut, numbered exterior walls
- pre-cut, numbered interior walls
- pre-cut, numbered gable components
- vaulted, cathedral ceilings
- pre-cut numbered roof purlins, beams
- pre-cut, numbered T&G roof boards
- pre-cut, numbered fascia boards
- prebuilt sectional deck railings, vertical balustrades, handrail, adjustable posts
- PVC oak grain maintenance free windows c/w exterior roller shutters, heavy duty tilt & turn hardware
- window boxes 6.88" ( 175mm) deep to accommodate fully insulated wall thickness, includes interior & exterior trims
- 2 wood entry doors, locks, deadbolts, key, trims 38 1/2" x 79"
- 6 interior doors, hardware, trims 331/2" x 79"
- 7-1/4" log screws to connect log rows, gable components, purlins
- spare wall logs/ spare roof boards