The Muskoka 2 is a PREMIUM model manufactured with 70mm (2-3/4") thick wall logs and is just over 1540 sq ft total for the two levels including 2 decks on the second floor.
This is a great 3 season cabin without the insulation kit. By adding insualtion it would become the perfect 4 season getaway cabin.
This premium model is insulated on the interior by brackets mounting 2x4 studs with 3/4" tongue and groove boards applied over the studs. The 2-3/4" thick wall has a thermal mass rating of R-12....add R15 insulation and achieve exceptional energy efficiency of R-27. The insualtion kkit is 10% of selling price; includes brackets and T&G cover boards.
Tip: Mineral wool insulation is recommended for log construction. It's impervious to moisture with a higher R-value per inch than fiberglass and is considered a GREEN building material, environmentally friendly insualtion.
- No floor ready to assemble on a concrete slab, wood floor over piers or helical pies, crawl space or basement
- pre-cut, numbered exterior walls
- pre-cut, numbered interior walls
- pre-cut, numbered gable components
- vaulted cathedral ceilings
- pre-cut, numbered roof purlins, beams
- precut\, numbered 18mm (3-4" tongue & groove roof boards)
- pre-cut, numbered floor beams for second level
- pre-cut, numbered 28mm (1-1/8") tongue & groove floor boards
- pre-cut numbered fascia boards
- stairs, railings
- prebuilt sectional deck railings, vertical balustrades, handrail, for front and rear decks
- multi locking double glazed wood windows, trims
- entry doors, locks, deadbolts, keys, trims
- interior doors, hardware, trims
- threaded steel storm rods for perimeter wall junctions
- 2 spare wall logs, spare roof boards
- 250 - 8" log screws to connect first 2 rows, gamble components, purlins