The Windcrest is a comfortable eopen concept 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom home with vaulted ceilings throughout. Built with our unique solid wood stacked system using 70mm (2 3/4") thick wall logs, this home is solid and energy efficient. The roof beams are 4" x 9" solid wood, spaced 24" or less. The total footprint including the covered deck is 1408 sq' with 1184 sq ' of interior living space. The front wall can be reversed during assembly placing the kitchen on the right and the side entry door can be moved to the right. Like all our models the Windcrest can be customized to fit your personal needs.
Insulating kit add 10% - includes metal brakets to mount studs to plus 3/4" T&G wall cover boards for the perimeter walls.
Tip: Mineral wool insulation is recommended for log construction. It is impervious to moisutre witha higher R-value per inch than fiberglass and is considered a GREEN building material, environmentally friendly insulation, reduced noise transmission adn insectlest resistant.
The Windcrest can be assembled in 10 days with 4 people & passes structural requirements for building codes. Modifications may required for earthquake, heavy snow load regions and hurricane zones.
- no floor - ready to assemble on a concrete slab, wood floor over piers, crawl space or basement
- pre-cut, numbered exterior walls
- pre-cut, numbered interior walls
- pre-cut numbered gable components
- vaulted, cathedral ceilings
- pre-cut, numbered roof purlins,4" x 9" solid wood beams
- pre-cut, numbered (18mm) 3/4" T&G roof boards
- pre-cut, numbered fascia boards
- prebuilt sectional deck railings, vertical balustrades, handrail, adjustable posts
- PREMIUM multi locking double glazed wood windows, trims
- entry doors, locks, deadbolts, keys, trims
- interior doors, hardware, trims
- threaded steel storm rods for perimeter wall junctions
- 2 spare wall logs / spare roof boards